Academics of SGC, top boarding school in India
St. George’s College, the top boarding school in India believes in incorporating the best technology can offer to make every class-room session a novel and rich learning experience.
- St. George’s College was the first school in North India to adopt Tablet Based Learning Solution to enable the students practise the three R’s – Read, Recall and Revise the lessons they are taught.
- The Language Laboratory for English has been set-up for the young learners to augment their listening and speaking skills.
- One of the primary points of focus at St. George’s College, the top school in India, is to shape and develop good citizens of tomorrow who live lives of purpose, dignity and prosperity. Learning can never be complete unless individuals inculcate the necessary values of compassion, tolerance, humility, punctuality and perseverance. The school Assemblies serve as a medium of inspiring and encouraging students to abide by a strong set of values that prepare them for the challenges that confront them in the future. Motivational speakers, inspirational seminars and the presence of a trained counsellor on campus all centered around building a sound value system. During the course of the year each class gets an opportunity to present the morning assembly based on a certain theme. Students collaborate as a team to bring out this theme in an innovative manner under the supervision and guidance of their class teacher.
- The introduction of the Flip Book into the classroom has empowered the teacher with well-researched, mapped-to-curriculum digital modules, which she could project in class to explain concepts. With the help of the Flipbook, the gap between the teacher’s effort to explain and students struggle to comprehend has been bridged.
- The introduction of Tata Edge, another innovative tool, has helped improve learning outcomes for children through interactive learning. This boarding school in Dehradun has Smart Board equipped classes that provide the teacher and the taught with multimedia modules for better understanding
- The Student Performance Analysis is a unique tool to ensure self discipline. It is a positive approach towards making the students responsible . It is aimed at providing transparency in selecting students for various awards. Students are able to analyze their performance on a regular basis and are motivated to participate and perform better in every field. The Student Performance Analysis determines the progress of the child on a monthly, termly and annual basis.
Teacher Student Relation
Teachers are the pillars of Education and development of valuable human resources. It is with this belief that St George’s College provides an atmosphere where growth, development and progress is not limited to students alone but includes educators and other professionals at the institution. Teachers are encouraged to read beyond syllabi. The student teacher ratio here at St. George’s is 1:12.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
2. Class X/XII Board exam results /academic achievements:- The school has been consistently maintaining excellent results year after year with 100 percent pass.
3. University Placements:- Students passing out of St. George’s have sought admission at a number of foreign universities such as Indiana University in the United States of America, University of Melbourne, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.