In this ever changing world, students face many complex issues such as depression, stress, anxiety, peer pressure, violence at home, suicidal ideation etc. This creates a demand for school counsellors. School counsellors provide counselling in three domains viz. academic, social and career. A counsellor performs many roles, some of them are:
- Goal setting and decision-making
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Education on understanding self and others
- Peer relationships, coping strategies, and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Individual and group counselling
Counselling helps students adapt to change and face difficulties in their lives. They seek guidance and counselling to clarify their doubts.